An employer cannot be expected to learn everything about a potential employee through the interview process. A pre-employment background check can either give you the green light to hire an individual, or provide you with necessary information to prevent a bad hiring decision.
ICS Merrill, the investigative services division of EMSI, offers a variety of online search options to meet your specific search needs. We can check anything from moving-vehicle violations to federal criminal investigations. Your report will include all findings, as well as copies of any relevant records.
Our background check options can include:
- 7-year criminal and civil records search
- Statewide moving violation records search
- Public records library research
- Corporation records search
- Basic asset search
- Statewide department of correction criminal search
- Workers' Compensation history check
- Statewide criminal record search
- Federal criminal/civil records search
- Nationwide newspaper, periodical and Internet index search
We also can pair a background check with our pre-employment screening, which includes verification of an applicant’s references, as well as education and employment history.